Saturday, May 29, 2021

The Other Side

They told me that I used to exist happily on my body until a tumor on my left shoulder with the size of a walnut kept growing day by day resembling  a second head carried through a protruding extension of my skin holding identical set of eyes, nostrils, cheeks and mouth.

I didn’t know what to expect at the time, so I kept my tumor/head secret from everyone else and hid it beneath a large cloth next to my left ear thinking that it would eventually go away and shrink to its normal size.


One day as I stared at my unwanted companion, I noticed that it murmurs nonsense in unknown language to me. I couldn’t distinguish the words but later I realized that it wants to replace me entirely and take over my body.


I agreed to surrender right away and start over on a new body to recreate our memories.


Ever since then I’ve become a thousand times lighter but I’m not sure that I want to bring back any of our memories, I’m completely free..

No comments: